Any tips, advice, opinions, guidelines for a young mans first photo pass ? It's for passion pit and I'm nervous as fuck.
Hell yeah man congrats. Don’t be nervous its an awesome time. Heres my advice:
- Make sure you can change lenses quickly and get your settings set during the opener and at the very beginning of the stage
- Try to get as many different angles as possible — you don’t want the same shot 100 times
- Take closeups of the band members as well as the band as a whole
- Don’t forget about the crowd, they’re part of the show too. Try to get some artistic photos of the crowd and the band/lead with the crowd.
- Nothing is off limits till someone tells you it is… I’ve snuck into many areas I probably was not supposed to be in to get an angle I wanted to check out. The worst that will happen is they will tell you to move unless you are blatantly doing something off limits
- Don’t let other people push you around… some people can be dicks just ignore them and try to get the shot you want but don’t be in people’s way too much
- Enjoy the show… The more into it you are the better photos you’ll probably get
- Notice patterns in the lighting and try to get various lighting scenarios (Make sure to change your settings accordingly)
!- Check your photos as you shoot so you don’t get a bunch of over/underexposed photos… we’ve all been there. That being said the viewfinder can be a bit screwy sometimes.
- Enjoy… It’s awesome being in the photo pit. Just relax and enjoy the concert